24 August 2016
Lunch & Learn
Lunch & Learns: Sixty minutes to refuel the body and revitalize the mind is time well invested for anyone. Engineering firms often leverage this hour to broaden the knowledge of their most important assets, yet Avanti has held learning events for every type of contracting firm, small municipalities and large sewer districts, regulatory agencies, DOTs, utilities, and facility management organizations, as well as our dealer network and supply chain partners. No two presentations are exactly the same - each is custom built to the wants, needs and interests of the host organization. Avanti has presented hundreds of lunch & learns – and a few breakfast sessions - across the United States, with more being scheduled weekly.
After years of experience, Avanti has adopted three simple rules for successful lunch & learn experiences:
1. Start on time, End on time – your time (as well as ours) is important.
2. Be Relevant – Plan content and execute interactively
3. Teach, Don’t sell – education is the objective
With these guidelines, we’ve earned many kudos: “Charlie obviously loves this work and knows it well!” “Possibly, the best lunch & learn I ever attended.”
Here are a few representative titles of past presentations that serve to advance the adoption and practice of municipal grouting:
• What’s Sabotaging Our Underground Infrastructure
• Stopping Infiltration in New England—EPA Region 1
• Greater Good for Underground Collection Systems
• Injection Grouting to Remedy Inflow and Infiltration (I&I)
Education is wholly consistent with how Avanti chooses to grow the municipal grouting industry. Our dedicated Field Service Team and Regional Managers are committed to sharing what they know so others can do. We view education as the way forward.